Stay tuned for information on the 2017 GreenFest!
We’re celebrating all things green as we thaw into May! Join us for a spring festival exploring the creatures of the earth — animals, plants, and humans — and how it all ties together!
Humans move across the globe, on foot and by railroads, canals and more. Migrating birds face challenges – and put on a show! — each year as they return to Schenectady County from their wintering grounds. And, plants are on the move too, sprouting up across our gardens and forests! Movement and migration shape the world around us. Let’s celebrate it!
GreenFest at Mabee Farm will feature:
• Nature walks looking for invasive plants
• Live birds of prey with a wildlife rehabilitator
• Bird cams
• A bird-watch scavenger hunt
• Nature crafts for kids
• Tours of the historic Mabee House
• “Through the Mire: A Look at the Environmental History of the Erie Canal” with historian David Brooks (at 2pm)
• A historic postcard exhibition exploring human movement in Schenectady County
• Food and drinks
• And much more!
Presented in partnership with ECOS: The Environmental Clearinghouse and the Audubon Society of the Capital Region.For more info, please contact email@example.com or call 887-5073. Mabee Farm Historic Site is wheelchair accessible, with off-street parking in front of the Franchere Center.