There’s always something on at the Schenectady County Historical Society! Check back regularly for updates and newly scheduled programs!
Bus Trip to The National Archives at New York City
October 24, 2017 –
With historically significant records of Federal agencies and courts in New York, New Jersey and Puerto Rico the National Archives at New York City (NARA) is a great place to visit for genealogy research. With this bus trip, you will receive a tour of the National Archives at NYC as well as an orientation workshop to help get you started. If you plan on researching at NARA after the tour, it’s recommended that you read over their “Getting Started” web page at https://www.archives.gov/nyc/public/getting-started.html. The National Archives at NYC are located in lower Manhattan and offer easy access to many other sites and museums in the area.
- 7:30 AM: Depart First Reformed Church, Union/Church St, Schenectady Stockade
- 8:00 AM: Pick up at Crossgates Mall -- Wade Tours overflow lot near Macy's
- 11:00 AM: Arrive at NARA for a tour and workshop
- 12:30 PM: Lunch on your own
- 1:30 PM: Research at NARA or Explore Lower Manhattan
- 5:00 PM: Meet at NARA for departure
- 8:00 PM: Drop-off at Crossgates Mall
- 8:30 PM: Arrive back at First Reformed Church, Union/Church St, Schenectady Stockade